Risks Involved in File Sharing
It’s important to understand the risks involved in file sharing and to stay cautious when downloading any file.
- Downloading a file that contains malware
- Downloading an illegal, copyrighted file
- Using a file sharing app that requests firewall services be shut off
- Accidentally placing sensitive files in public file hosting location
Benefits of File Sharing:
- Simplified administration
- Centralizes files for consistency
- Keeps files organized and maintained
While there are risks associated with file sharing, the benefits can outweigh the costs for an organized, easy-to-use file sharing system. Another way to stay secure with file sharing is with secure data rooms.
A data room is a space that holds data usually in a secured form. It’s an advanced form of cloud storage or on-premise storage unit. This is the most secure file sharing system for businesses sharing classified documents. It can also provide a shared team workspace with a variety of ways to protect company data like digital watermarks